Historic Sites in and around ‘les Monts du Lyonnais’ :
- La Tourette Monastery at Eveux designed and built by Le Corbusier between 1956 and 1959. www.couventdelatourette.fr
- The yellow limestone quarries of Glay at St. Germain-sur-l’Arbresle. Visitor centre and guided walk through abandoned quarry site which is now an outdoor museum. www.carrieres-de-glay.fr
- Savigny Abbey Museum
- Mining Museum (copper and iron pyrites) at St. Pierre la Palud www.musee-de-la-mine.com
- Farm Museum ‘Reverdy’ at St. Julien sur Bibost. www.lafermereverdy.org
- Many listed churches and chapels.
- The old lime and whitewash oven at Dommartin. www.amis-arbresle.com
- Hiking trails through the hills, and vineyards passing features of historic interest.
- Beaujolais road at 15 minutes. www.tourismepierresdorees.com
For more information, see the website of the tourist office www.arbresletourisme.fr